Re: [hobbicast] casting soap

  • clubb2@juno.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 4, 2004
      I'm not sure what the point is about casting soap, but if you just want
      to pour something into a mold, I would suggest simple plaster of Paris.
      It will "cast" with great detail, is very cheap, and will probably be
      good for something when your done.

      Steve C

      Get your name as your email address.
    • creepinogie@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 5, 2004
        Or use paraffin and at least you'll have made candles. My daughter
        and I cast soap around the holidays and the soap making suppliers are
        more expensive than ingot metal. Why not use real metal? Part of the
        learning experience is learning how to handle the stuff and the
        safety issues regarding it. We had a pretty good foundry in my
        Minneapolis junior high school which is where I learned to do most of
        my molding. The shop teacher kept it open after school hours and we
        paid for our materials and made alot of stuff, some of which I still
        have.

        LL