Re: [hobbicast] sand filter

  • Dan Brewer
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2004
      Just remelt The sand will come out as dross.
      Dan in Auburn

      sugilac <sugilac@...> wrote:
      Hi guys....long time no see

      Question..I cast with a batch of greensand that had dried out a bit
      and a fair amt of sand washed into the casting. right now, it's a
      doorstop, but I would like to recover the aluminum from it. has
      anyone had any luck with sand filters made of stainless 0000
      steelwool? The sand is good old gulf coast sugar-fine quartz, with
      8% bentonite (i think, it's been a while)

      any other ideas would be appreciated

      TIA

      Bob.

      This list is for discussion of metal casting
      and does not accept attachments. For off topic discussion and to share photos and stuff: join Sandcrabs by sending a blank message to: sandcrabs-subscribe@yahoogroups.com