Readily available materials for making patinas found, and its not manure tea.

  • Roy
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2004
      Fertilizer..........I dipped some pieces in Miracle Grow (Mir-acid)
      and placed it in a plastic bag, and within 3 days had a nice blue
      green patina, some rubs off but it seems to stay on pretty good. I
      also tried granulated fertilizer 15-0-15 high iron content, and this
      stuff started turning the piece within hours. It gives a much darker
      deeper looking finish. I spread the granual on the piece and spritzed
      it with a spray bottle and placed it in a plastic bag. Couploe of
      more days and I'll see whats what. The fertilizers contain some or
      all of the various components listed on a website dealing with
      different patinas.