Re: [hobbicast] Revisiting Silica Sources

  • Leon Risenhoover
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 29, 2004
      i think i posted this last week but here goes again...........i got some
      comercial grade silica sand from my sand blaster dealer quickcreet brand
      "fine" it says in the back of the bag for foundry use "not for
      sandblasting" it is the same size and shape grains as the sand in petrobond
      looking at it under a microscope (yes i took one with me) it says it's
      melting point is 3100F