Re: Tilting Batch furnace

  • gerepairman
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 30, 2003
      I've been kind of lurking & went to the link listed below. I believe
      if I was this guy, i'd change the hype in my add. On one hand he says
      you can make $2k a day & in on the other hand, in his plans section,
      he says he can't finance their construction. Maybe someone needs to
      send him his own link. britt

    • Gordon Couger
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 7, 2003
        Sounds like it was written when they were stealing the irrigation
        pipe from the fields and stripping wire from the high lines in West
        Texas. When scrap was expensive you could make a bundle with a
        furnace.

        Metal prices aren't like that any more.But the way things cycle they
        should be going up in the future. Other commodities are starting to
        show life after a long period of inactivity.

        Gordon
        : Wally
        :
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 7, 2003
          Gordon Couger wrote:

          >Sounds like it was written when they were stealing the irrigation
          >pipe from the fields and stripping wire from the high lines in West
          >Texas. When scrap was expensive you could make a bundle with a
          >furnace.
          >
          >Metal prices aren't like that any more.But the way things cycle they
          >should be going up in the future. Other commodities are starting to
          >show life after a long period of inactivity.

          If nothing else a furnace like that which I could stick a transmission
          in to melt without busting it up would not hurt my feelings. I've
          been tempted to buy the guy's plans and build one..

          I do happen to have a source where I could get as much aluminum engine
          heads and transmissions and aluminum car wheels as I would ever want for
          what the scrap yard would pay, which aint much and in some cases, free.
          In addition I have a bunch of 5 speed Mitsibishi transmissions that came
          out of late 80's ford trucks that are probably worth more as ingot than
          as transmissions at this point. :)