Re: K-bond

  • paul_probus
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2003
      I concur with Jeff, I ordered a sample of Bentone 34 and all I got
      was a pint can. I hope that that will be enough to make some ingot
      molds that won't contaminate ZA and ally.

      Paul

      --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Allen <grandknight2003@y...>
      wrote:
      > Just wanted to let everyone know that I got my sample of Bentone 34
      yesterday. It came in a pint can. It should be enough to make up a
      small batch to try out. I'll keep you posted.

    • giesser@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 5, 2004
        Yes, the "TRIXOGEL" (which is probably THIXOGEL) should work fine for K-BOND.

        The important thing is that the clay must swell in the presence of oil. Any
        organo-bentone used in oil drilling, paint making or grease formulations will
        work well.

        Tom Cobett
        Cleveland, Ohio

        "In Pyro Veritas"

      • Bela Beke
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 5, 2004
          At 10:03 AM 5/07/2004 -0400, you wrote:
          >Yes, the "TRIXOGEL" (which is probably THIXOGEL) should work fine for K-BOND.
          >The important thing is that the clay must swell in the presence of oil. Any
          >organo-bentone used in oil drilling, paint making or grease formulations will
          >work well.
          >Tom Cobett
          >Cleveland, Ohio
          >"In Pyro Veritas"