Sloss Furnace pour 11/02/03

  • Phil Teague
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2003
      I reported a couple of weeks ago about the casting project at Sloss
      Furnace here in Birmingham. Yesterday was an open studio day in which
      anyone interested in casting their pieces in iron or bronze could
      participate. Saturday was mould day. Had fun with my first casting, a
      base for a model steam engine. It turned out quite satisfactory. I
      posted one photo in the photo section of the pouring of my piece and
      several more photos in the:

      They have the open studio for casting each month, March through
      December. It cost $50 plus materials to do your pour. They also have
      occasional class in casting like the one I took for 4 Wednesdays
      culminating in the open studio pour.

      Phil Teague