patterns

  • billbt888
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2003
      I am interested in making my own patterns for a steam engine. Is
      there a group or site you could recommend for getting information on
      materials, methods and other info on patternmaking? Any info
      appreciated. Thanks,
      Bill
    • Martin Gutzmer
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2003
        CASTINGPATTERNMAKING

        I am interested in making my own patterns for a steam engine. Is
        there a group or site you could recommend for getting information on
        materials, methods and other info on patternmaking? Any info
        appreciated. Thanks,
        Bill

        This list is for discussion of metal casting
        and does not accept attachments. For off topic discussion and to share
        sandcrabs-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        For additional file and picture space you may upload files of interest to:

        For problems that cannot be otherwise solved contact the list owner by
        email:

        ---
        Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

        ---
      • john r johnson
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2003
          There is a series of books for making machine shop
          machines from scrap aluminum. The best part of the
          series is that it teaches you how to make patterns and
          castings as well as the end product. Look on EBAAAy
          and Amazon.com. There are books from the UK that
          follow the same theme and started by the model steam
          engine folks over there. "Backyardcasting" comes to
          mind as a book that covers your subject.