Tenzalloy, gas and shrink

  • foundryinvenezuela
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2003
      On June 26, 2001 a message was placed by Ronald Thibault asking Jim
      Clary how he solved the gas and shrink problem. I am using
      Tenzalloy in a permanent mold and haveing the same problem. I was
      able to reduce shrink by controlling temperature at around 715C and
      added some titanium to reduce gas. Are there any other
      suggestions. Pieces weigh about 3 kilos each. I am doing this in a
      foundry in Venezuela.

      Regards,

      Pat S.