Re: [hobbicast] virus

  • G.vt
    Message 1 of 13 , May 3, 2003
      what is the name of the virus so I can check it out

      Brian Whatcott wrote:

      >Me too. Around the world in 40 minutes.
      >
      >Brian Whatcott Altis OK
      >

      >At 07:43 PM 5/3/2003 +0000, Terry Lane wrote:
      >

      >>Just received a virus attached to a post (pearlite for insulation)
      >>

      >>from Daniel C Postellon, or purporting to come from there - I didn't
      >

      >>open it to see,
      >>
      >>Tel
      >>

      >This list is for discussion of metal casting
      >and does not accept attachments. For off topic discussion and to share photos and stuff: join Sandcrabs by sending a blank message to: sandcrabs-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      >or join the Coffee Lounge group (by approval)
      >
      >Please visit our sponsor: Budget Casting Supply
      >http://budgetcastingsupply.com/
      >
      >Files area and list services are at:

      >For problems that cannot be otherwise solved contact the list owner by email:
      >owly@...

    • Brian Whatcott
      Message 2 of 13 , May 3, 2003
        Me too. Around the world in 40 minutes.

        Brian Whatcott Altis OK

        At 07:43 PM 5/3/2003 +0000, Terry Lane wrote:
        >Just received a virus attached to a post (pearlite for insulation)
        >from Daniel C Postellon, or purporting to come from there - I didn't
        >open it to see,
        >
        >Tel
      • Brian Whatcott
        Message 3 of 13 , May 3, 2003
          This is what I saw:

          "Norton AntiVirus removed the attachment: OldExcelDocuments.lnk.exe.
          The attachment was infected with the W32.Bugbear@mm virus"

          Brian Whatcott Altus OK

          At 03:00 PM 5/3/2003 -0700, G.vt wrote:
          >what is the name of the virus so I can check it out
          >
          >Brian Whatcott wrote:
          >
          > >Me too. Around the world in 40 minutes.
          > >
          > >Brian Whatcott Altis OK
          > >

          > >At 07:43 PM 5/3/2003 +0000, Terry Lane wrote:
          > >

          > >>Just received a virus attached to a post (pearlite for insulation)
          > >>from Daniel C Postellon, or purporting to come from there - I didn't
          > >>open it to see,
          > >>
          > >>Tel
        • Daniel C. Postellon
          Message 4 of 13 , May 3, 2003
            Norton scans my ingoing and outgoing mail. I don't think that I sent it.
            Dan P