Re: new member

  • Daniel Fox
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 31, 2001
      >Message: 3
      > Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 17:58:05 -0000
      > From: "Joe" <otei203@...>
      >Subject: new member
      >
      > Hello, all. I just signed on, was forwarded her by member cyrano
      >off of another egroup place, horn and whistle.

      Welcome aboard. Glad to have you. This stuff can be a lot of fun.

      > What are the major differences in the two. I gave 50 dollars (too
      >much I thought, but the old man wouldn't jew)for the graphite/carbon
      ^^^
      Could we PLEASE avoid this kind of stuff? Nobody on this (or any list I'm
      on) would think to casually use the word "nigger"; this is no less
      offensive.

      Thanks; rant mode off; I'll shut up now.

      --dan fox

    • David Wimberley
      Message 2 of 15 , May 29, 2002
        I was instructed to send email to this address, but have nothing to say at this point.

        David Wimberley
        540-665-2744
        -------------------------
        Wimberley Design
        974 Baker Lane
        Winchester, VA 22603
      • tigertwous
        Message 3 of 15 , May 29, 2002
          Welcome David:

          It's not so much what you say at this point but what you read.
          You will find a wealth of information on this group dished out by a
          wonderful bunch of folks. If you are so inclined you can learn a
          great deal about foundry work.

          Best of luck and enjoy this group.

          Jack Fisher
        • David Wimberley
          Message 4 of 15 , May 29, 2002
            Thanks for the welcome Jack.

            I could have used this group about 12 years ago, but in the mean time I have
            developed a fair amount of skill in pattenmaking and green sand casting. I
            am will probably not be able to tolerate all of the extra emails, and so
            will probably use the group as a resource from time to time, and stop
            receiving the regular activities of the group. It looks very interesting,
            but my time is too limited.

            David Wimberley
            540-665-2744
            -------------------------
            Wimberley Design
            974 Baker Lane
            Winchester, VA 22603
            --------------------------------
            website www.tripodhead.com
            email wombat@...

            > It's not so much what you say at this point but what you read.
            > You will find a wealth of information on this group dished out by a
            > wonderful bunch of folks. If you are so inclined you can learn a
            > great deal about foundry work.
            >
            > Best of luck and enjoy this group.
            >
            > Jack Fisher

          • Ron Thompson
            Message 5 of 15 , May 29, 2002
              You can subscribe to this group without the emails. If you stay subscribed
              this way you can still drop in from time to time and see what's here. New
              files and photos and such.

              Ron Thompson
              48 year old machine shop student
              On the Beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast
              USA
              > I could have used this group about 12 years ago, but in the mean time I
              have
              > developed a fair amount of skill in pattenmaking and green sand casting.
              > am will probably not be able to tolerate all of the extra emails, and so
              > will probably use the group as a resource from time to time, and stop
              > receiving the regular activities of the group. It looks very interesting,
              > but my time is too limited.
              >
              > David Wimberley
              > 540-665-2744
              > -------------------------
              > Wimberley Design
              > 974 Baker Lane
              > Winchester, VA 22603
              > --------------------------------
              > website www.tripodhead.com
              > email wombat@...

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • tigertwous
              Message 6 of 15 , May 30, 2002
                David:

                That's what I do, I read this group on yahoo, and opt out of the
                emails, I read about 6 groups on a regular basis this way, I just
                do a quick look over each of the group every morning to see if
                there is anything really interesting being covered.

                I try not to get to caught up in the OT stuff but some times it
                interesting to see what other people have to say. It's amazing
                how much knowledge is freely shared between this group and
                RCM and SEJW. It's also fun to see some of the same people
                show up on some of the other groups I read. Stuff I'm doing in
                the shop seems to be covered almost every day by at least a few
                people.

                Take care and best of luck.

                Jack Fisher

                Message 7 of 15 , May 30, 2002
                  Ron,
                  I went to the group site, but it was not obvious how to discontinue the
                  email and remain a member. I would be much obliged if you could tell me how
                  to do that. Thanks.

                  David Wimberley

                • Linux_Rules@Ev1.Net
                  Message 8 of 15 , May 30, 2002
                    On 30 May 2002, at 15:38, David Wimberley wrote:

                    > Ron,
                    > I went to the group site, but it was not obvious how to discontinue
                    > the email and remain a member. I would be much obliged if you could
                    > tell me how to do that. Thanks.
                    >
                    > David Wimberley
                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    Click on "Edit my membership". The email choice will be obvious.
                    ..

                    John_Dumas@...
                    Linux_Rules@...
                  • Ron Thompson
                    Message 9 of 15 , May 30, 2002
                      Go to:
                      Click my groups
                      Click edit my groups
                      In the column Message delivery edit to no email
                      Click Save changes

                      Message 10 of 15 , May 30, 2002
                        John,

                        Thanks a lot. I am very impressed with the group, but the volume of emails
                        is overwhelming.

                        David Wimberley
                        540-665-2744
                        Wimberley Design