Re: [hobbicast] Re: muller progress and door question

  • Richard Spelling
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 3, 2003
      The fill hole is about 2-1/2" wide, I think. Do they make expandable plugs
      that size?

      I think the sliding door, and leaving the small area of unmixed sand it the
      best option. A slider would make it easy to close the door in the middle of
      emptying the thing, so I'm not lifting a 100lb bucket of sand up. The small
      amount of unmixed sand could be emptied out first and dumped back in the
      mixer to be mulled.

      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 3, 2003

        > The fill hole is about 2-1/2" wide, I think. Do they make
        > expandable plugs that size?

        2.5" expansion plug (mechanical test plug)...

        McMaster-Carr catalog no. 2598K35......$20.60

        The plug has a toggle handle on it similar to a lever-vent radiator cap. A picture of the plug can be found in McMaster-Carr's online catalog. A bit on the spendy side--a less expensive version might be available at a local marine dealer.

        Mike
        Carrollton, TX
      • Lyle <creepinogie@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 3, 2003
          Better yet, smear some already mulled sand around the opening before
          dumping in the unmulled sand. that way all the crevaces around the
          door are filled with mulled sand and everything will come out mixed.

          Lyle

          --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Spelling" <richard@c...>

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Richard Spelling
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 3, 2003
            Now, dere's and idea! I suspect it's a moot point, and the plow going over
            the top of the recess will mix the sand with the rest in the batch.