Re: [hobbicast] Madd OT

  • Dan Hill
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 1, 2002
      and so it continues, I have also unsubscribed, Dan.
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 1, 2002
        Michael Taylor wrote:

        > I forgot to mention that we are currently averaging 14 OT tagged posts per
        > day (or 21,000 unwanted messages).

        I do not think that this is the correct way of looking at it.

        I received 14 OT posts, not 21,000.

        And is this post OT? It is not about casting.

        John Grant
      • John
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 1, 2002
          More OT stuff:

          There may be 1.5k members listed but I would guess that at most there will
          be 10-20% of these actually taking part in the group. Many people subscribe
          and do not realise the number of emails that come through. They change their
          address, forget their account's login details, drop an email account, don't
          actually receive the messages etc. I am a member of roughly twice the number
          of groups I take part in just so I can get access to the files and photos
          sections. A huge number of a listed members will never see a single post. If
          1500 people were on here actively watching and posting there'd be hundreds
          of posts per day. Even if 50% of the members were 'lurking'.

          All the best,
          John Heritage

        • Stan Philippon
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 1, 2002
            Here is a real wild thought....
            Everyone agree to put "OT" in the subject line of of topic strings. Then
            anyone who dislikes recieving off topic messages just has to go into their
            browser Tools option and formulate a rule to delete anything with "OT" in
            the subject line.Problem solved and we can all go back to enjoying this
            group.
            ------Stan
          • Michael Taylor
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 1, 2002