Re: [hobbicast] Re: new tank saga

  • keporter@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2002
      Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I just flew back from London (very
      wet there). Welding supply back-flow preventers should not be a major
      problem. My research indicates that some tanks in some areas have a built in
      back-flow device combined with an automatic cutoff in case of hose failure.
      There do seem to be ongoing problems with these devices. Personally, I have
      decided for various reasons, to go with the hundred pound tank. Some of the
      reasons have to do with sidestepping as much over-regulation as possible,
      some have to do with maximum flow in low temperatures. Remember, having a
      larger tank doesn't obligate anyone to top it off. In the summertime, I will
      keep mine 1/4 full. In the winter, a large "wet" area will be nice.
      Michael P.