Re: [hobbicast] Petrobond

  • LLandstrom
    Message 1 of 41 , Dec 1, 2000
      My only problem with surecast is the sunflower seeds
      mixed in with the sand. whoever was running the muller
      chewed seeds.

      Budget has petrobond premixed, for competitive prices
      but shipping from california is cost prohibitive.

      there's mullers at auction all over the web. at least
      a dozen at any given time. Building one is far cheaper
      though unless you get lucky.

      http://shopping.yahoo.com/
    • rgsparber@aol.com
      Message 41 of 41 , Oct 31, 2003
        In a message dated 10/30/2003 10:59:40 PM Central Standard Time,
        apbtbites@... writes:
        so petro bond should fall through the riddle just by shaking it? ive been
        taking chunks of the sand and smashing it though the screen. is this not the
        way
        it should work?
        Greg,

        The burnt chunks of Petrobond will not just fall through the riddler but the
        unburned material should go through with very little effort. I try to pick out
        the burnt chunks and put them in a separate container. Then I riddle the rest
        which goes very quickly. The burnt chunks are then placed in the riddler and
        I slide them back and forth across the wire mesh bottom. No "smashing". This
        quickly cuts them back into powder.

        Another advantage to separating out the chunks is if I'm doing more than one
        cycle of pouring. The burnt chunks will remain hot for a while so I can just
        leave them aside while I use the rest again.

        Rick