Jerry in MO - Sodium silicate problems

  • giesser@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1 6:41 AM
      If you use fireclay or china clay instead of bentonite, your cores will not
      deteriorate in storage. If they still fall apart in a few days, you are
      overgassing.

      T. Cobett

    • creepinogie
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1 6:51 AM
        T. Corbett,

        I have the same problem with my co2 cores deteriorating after a day
        or two. I'm using straight 100 mesh sand, no clay but about 4% sodium
        silicate. Are you saying if I add fireclay it would help prevent my
        cores from falling apart? Or, am I using too much gas pressure.
        currently I'm using about 15 psi or a little more if I have a deep
        thick core.

        LL