5510Re: [hobbicast] Re: Cast Iron

  • Ray Brandes
    Aug 8, 2001
      Henry,
      I grew up in NJ and we did'nt have AC. We had two big whole house fans in the attic that were turned
      on during hot nights. We had a public lake to swim in a couple of miles from home. It got hot there,
      but not as hot nor for as long as it does here in the south. I spent the last seven years near
      Atlanta, GA and now we are closing on our first year in the Florida panhandle. Last week I demolished
      a flat-roofed lean-to that was rotting on the side of our pole barn. The next day I re-framed it, this
      time the roof had some pitch. The following day I re-tinned it using five old pieces that weren't
      rusted out and six new pieces. Got our fire wood under it just in time as Barry dropped 2-1/2" on us.
      It is not impossible to work in heat and humidity. Go slower, wear a broad-brimmed hat, drink lots of
      water. (If you arn't peeing, you arn't drinking enough water.) I was amazed at my productivity in
      spite of the conditions. I guess my body is getting used to the 'real world'.
      -Ray