4542Re: [hobbicast] Re: Heavy Theory--gas pressure debate etc.

  • docbetty@bellsouth.net
    Jul 2, 2001
      > This might sound dumb but... lye?
      > John

      Yep. We used to do that when I was a kid - lye, aluminum foil, in a
      bottle - but we screwed the top on and waited for it to explode. We
      weren't very bright - weren't doing it for scientific reasons. None of
      them exploded, though (I guess the cap leaked), except once when a
      friend kicked the loaded jar in digust and was lucky not to get hurt.

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic