4510Re: Heavy Theory--gas pressure debate etc.

  • terrybrown@optushome.com.au
    Jul 1 1:09 AM
      John, John, John,
      Thats a bit complicated. I said childs balloon,, sheesh! :):)
      Lets say measure 10000 inflated childs party balloons and calculate
      the mean, at a guess, I'd say they measure about, well you know,
      about yea wide. Anyway enough that there is no interference with the
      walls of the tunnel.
      Oh,, PLEASE don't ask if the tunnel is north-south or east-west
      oriented and please forget gravity. I just stay in the centre of the
      flow.
      Today I cleaned up and parted in two, 16 Inter 3-7/8" dia pistons, I
      can smell a melt coming on.
      Hope you're able to get something done to your burner stuff.
      Cheers
      Terry

      --- In hobbicast@y..., <info.host@b...> wrote:
      > How big is this baloon in the first place anyway?
      >
      > John
      >

      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I think in the 3-foot dia section, your baloon would become
      longer,
      > > more of a cylinder than a globe, to pass the neck.
      > >
      > > --- In hobbicast@y..., terrybrown@o... wrote:
      > > > Hello everyone,
      > > > So if I were a childs baloon and;
      > > > If I were an ideal balloon(impermeable) and filled with an ideal
      > > gas
      > > > and I was in an ideal wind tunnel of say 6 foot diameter an I
      was
      > > > flowing along with the ideal flow I would be a certain size,
      yes.
      > > > Now the tunnel necks down to say 3 foot dia. I am now a bigger
      > > > balloon than I was before,, yea!! and I am travelling faster,,
      yea!!
      > > > Or have I missed/messedup something?
      > > > Cheers,
      > > > Happy little Red (I like red, reminds me of inside my furnace)
      > > > balloon.
      > > > http://home.talkcity.com/cerfst/terrystuff/

      > > The Home Foundrymen's Association website may be found here:
      > http://members.nbci.com/HWilkinson/
      > > It includes member project pages & links

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic