43057Re: [hobbicast] Might as well be a Newbie

  • Dan Brewer
    Jul 11, 2014
      The navy foundry manule and Mike Porter's book on burners are good places to start.
      Dan in Auburn

      On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 4:20 PM, Dennis volcom7114@... [hobbicast] <hobbicast@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Alex look up Steve Chastain's books he also has a website you can check out and buy his books..

      Dennis

      Dennis

      On Jul 10, 2014, at 4:48 PM, "cdninoh@... [hobbicast]" <hobbicast@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I've been a member of this group for a very long time but life gets in the way and other projects call for my attention (see http://wp.me/31tQd and  Alex Smith's Vortex for some examples).

      However, I've been listening and have the components for a small, gas fired furnace but I'd really like a "guide".

      Can any one recommend a good book that might help me through some of the basics like sand mixing, pattern making etc.

      Riddle or muller? And a design to build same?

      Appreciate your help, guys.

      Alex in Southern Illinois

      Alex Smith's Vortex
      WAHOO!! Finally licensed and on the road after 11 years. Scroll down for photos of the car in it's current state.  Stay tuned for photo's of the finished pr...
      Preview by Yahoo

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic