      From: Jeremy Winder cptwinder@... [hobbicast] <hobbicast@yahoogroups.com>
      To: hobbicast@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 02:53:02 -0000 (UTC)
      Subject: Re: [hobbicast] Mikey re Vortex Burner

      Thank you for the recommendation!
      The nozzle that is on there is tapered on the inside. I believe at 12 degrees if I remember correctly. This burner doesn't have all of the filing on the intakes that you recommend in your book. I know I can spend more time and make it much better.
      The burner was slapped together in a day and the video was taken to send to a friend that thought I was nuts and couldn't do it.

      On Jun 27, 2014, at 9:13 PM, "michael.a.porter@... [hobbicast]" <hobbicast@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Jeremy,
      If you want to get a really hot flame, you must finish the burner with a proper flame nozzle. I can't see the back part of the burner, but I'm guessing it is a high-speed tube burner (Mikey burner). It isn't hard to build the nozzle; you just order the stock already cut from onlinemetals.com, drill and thread a few holes for stainless steel socket head screws, and away you go.
      Mikey