43033Re: [hobbicast] Mikey re Vortex Burner

  • Lance Eggleston
    Jun 23, 2014
      Could you post video, photo or describe
      what the correctly adjusted flame from the
       1” vortex burner should look like?

      I can get a yellow, soft wavy flame.
      I expected something more like a bunsen burner flame,
      blue inner cone, softer blue/yellow outer cone.

      I intend to play with the orifice size to get more gas volume at lower
      input pressure. I had made the same mod to the gas jet, 1/4” Cu tube
      with a turned down MIG tip bored out to 0.046”.

      Also, the fan is running at 12VDC, but I think I can up that to 18 VDC.
      I’ll use my tach to see what diff it makes in the fan’s rpm.

      I have also made some sonic measurements of fan/compressed air thru the intake funnel
      for different air pressures ,<5, 10, 15, 20 psi> and different mixing tube lengths.
      One thing I noticed is that about 10 psi the venturi effect of the air thru the jet is strong enough to
      get the fan spinning without power.

      more later.. hoping for success… want to scare neighbors and intimidate friends !!!

      lance
      ++++

      On Jun 23, 2014, at 8:10 PM, StoneTool owly@... [hobbicast] <hobbicast@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I've built 5 of your burners.........the larger ones, and they work great............ Thanks for a good design and a good book!

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic