42881Re: Update: Re: [hobbicast] Thought I'd post some pics as the group is so quiet.

  • StoneTool
    Sep 13, 2013
      Rupert:
      If you had that effect on all of them, it would be an artistic
      trade mark........... They look good though>

      Yahoo unfortunately seems to be in the process of screwing everything up
      and making it extremely difficult to access what we used to be able to
      access easily.

      Howard

      On 09/13/2013 11:29 AM, Rupert wrote:
      > I put a picture of the final results of the plaque casting in my
      > photo's folder. This job is much easier to do when one isn't rushed
      > (like last year). 85 in total.
      > Do you see the colour differences in the brass? I believe that is
      > caused by melting both yellow brass and red brass together and not
      > mixing properly. I was melting old plumbing valves and fixtures.
      >
      > Rupert
      > PS. Is anyone in the group planning on attending the EMES show?
      >
      > On 8/21/2013 4:57 PM, Rupert wrote:
      >> The first one is the line-up of all the small flasks I have. The second
      >> pic is the results shortly after shake out. I'll put them in a folder if
      >> they don't show as attachments. Three more pours like this to go and
      >> then one smaller pour in brass.
      >> The plaques are for the annual Estevan Model Engineering Show
      >> <http://estevanmodelengineeringshow.com/> which is held October 19th &
      >> 20th this year. You guys should get one if you bring some of your work
      >> to show to exhibit.
      >> Now, let's hear what your up to...........
      >>
      >> Rupert
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic