42199Re: Spray type mold release?

  • Lyle
    Oct 1, 2012
      JR, One problem is these are loose patterns which is one reason for my 4 threaded holes and rods method of drawing the pattern. I have used johnson floor wax sucessfully for OHV engine heads but the finning was far less complicated. You can make an electric vibrator from an orbital hand sander by using a stud on the bottom of the plate that goes into a hole in the corner of the matchplate. Personally, all my matchplate work is done with petrobond (not the heads) and I just rap the sides of the matchplate.