42197Spray type mold release?

  • creepinogie
    Oct 1, 2012
      Folks,
      I'm casting a batch of air cooled heads with long deep closely spaced fins. In short, I'm having a hard time getting the pattern to release. I'm using threaded holes in the backside of the pattern that I screw threaded rods into, then they go through a plate and I extract the pattern with thumbscrews for an even draw. But the withdrawl is hard. I've been using Johnson paste wax and some silicon spray mold release but it's not working as well as I had hoped.

      Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.