41788Re: trying to buy tin for an alloy

  • Brian Kwan
    Apr 8, 2012

      The city would help. When I lived in Melbourne I got pewter and pure tin from Consolidated Alloys, now I get it from Hayes metals in NZ. There was a nice hobby shop in Nunawadding for small amounts.

      Regards Brian
      Hi hobbicast I am wondering if you can help me in my seemingly endless search for tin. I live in Australia and am searching for some tin to make an alloy for some bells. I have searched hi and low for just small quantities of tin but alas no luck after much effort. My problem is I dont need a lot and this stops any interest from bigger companies. If anyone can help me I would be very grateful. P.s. I have been a member for a while now and have really enjoyed the wonderful knowledge being shared ...thanks for that. When this project is complete I will post some pics and comments :)