41605Re: [hobbicast] Furnace temperature

  • Dan Brewer
    Jan 4, 2012
      Just a little on how a thermocouple works. When two dissimilar metals are
      joined the, junction makes a small voltage. In looking at wicopedia the
      type of thermocouple you want is type C if you can do the heat in a
      vacuum. Other thermocouples that will measure in the temp range are B R S
      T. Type K and J are4 the most popular because they are inexpensive and put
      out the most voltage or degree of temp rise. There are many other ways to
      measure temp but most are on reliable below 200 deg C.

      Remember that your hookup wire needs to be the same type of wire as the
      thermocouple.
      Omega has a reaqlly good site to find out what you need to measure temp.

      Dan in Auburn