41603Re: [hobbicast] Re: Furnace temperature

    Jan 4, 2012
      On Jan 4, 2012, at 3:50 AM, Carl wrote:

      > Jeshua:Like I said I will read the info about how to make a thermocouple. If it looks like it will work I will give it a try.

      LIke I said - its *really* simple. It just measures the resistance of the wire - which is the probe.

      > Just because I get a reading it may not be accurate.

      You were talking about putting a thermocouple probe in refractory - I am sure it will be much more accurate than that.

      > I still need a meter and special wire to hook it up. Then their are many different types of thermocouples (K, etc).

      You said you have a thermocouple already. You could just hook it up - trust me.

      > Which type might a simple piece of platinum wire correspond to? Thanks Carl

      I don't think it really matters much though.

      Jeshua Lacock
      3DTOPO Incorporated
      Phone: 208.462.4171
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic