      From: ferrman1001 <ferrman1001@...>
      To: hobbicast@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, January 3, 2012 9:40 PM
      Subject: [hobbicast] Re: Furnace temperature

      Carl

      Yes, you were right it is a 'R' type thermocouple probe and when I purchased it 18 years ago it was insanely expensive and I don't think anything has changed at the present time. It has been really helpful in fine tuning my furnace so I can get hot cast iron. I think the second hand market would be your best bet.

      Ernie