40796cement sand mold

  • ferrman1001
    Jan 4, 2011
      Hi guys
      I have uploaded photos of a cement sand mold used to make a cast iron surface plate. No pattern was used, instead strips of timber were clamped together and cement sand mixture is rammed in and left to set. I use 10% cement by weight to the sand and use 5% water. It takes two days to set and the pieces are left in the sun to dry out. This method is handy when you do not want to make a pattern. Molds can be stored for a long time until you are ready to cast. The blocks of sand were glued in place using silicon gutter sealent. The photos are in the photos section under "cement sand mold."

      Ernie
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic