40190Re: [hobbicast] re-wiring a kiln

  • Stone Tool
    Feb 7 3:37 PM
      4 ohms is going to give you roughly a 30 amp draw... or 3600 watts.
      That's a sizeable draw for 120 volts. I personally would series the
      wires and run it on 220.... There are few 120V outlets that are going to
      handle 30 amps.... but 30 amps total on a series system will easily be
      carried by most 220 outlets.

      Howard