      From: tom & janet <tomnjan64@...>
      To: hobbicast@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 3:12 pm
      Subject: Re: Re: [hobbicast] fireclay

      >From: Daniel C Postellon <postello@...>

      >Date: 2008/08/31 Sun AM 09:37:21 CDT

      >To: hobbicast@yahoogroups.com

      >Subject: Re: [hobbicast] fireclay

      >Fireclay is often associated with coal seams in Western Pennsylvania. Maybe

      >you can find a working mine? Might be one closer to you, as well, but I

      >don't know the geology.

      >> I will be traveling from E. Tennessee to North Bay, N.Y., Sidney, N.Y.

      >> and then to Lake Harmony, PA., in about a week, for family visits and

      >> reunion. Does anyone on the list live in these areas that would know

      >> where to purchase fireclay in these areas? I can't find a local (less

      >> than 80 mi) source in E. Tennessee.

      >> Thanks,

      >> Chuck

      > i live 10 miles south of pittsburgh. and our local builders supply stocks fire clay, kiefer coal and supply

      5088 w, library av

      bethel park pa 15102

      412 835 7900

      if you will be in the area, you might call first to make sure they aren't out of it for some reason. local brick masons use it for fire places, and i think it comes in 25lb, bags. used it to line my charcoal furnace. i mixed it 50/50 with portland cement. can't remember the price. hope this helps