38322Gingery mill: was Re: [hobbicast] Re: PetroBond Bentone 34

  • Rupert
    Jan 2, 2008
      Hello Dave,
      I built the mill a few years ago. I strongly suggest to use ZA12
      instead of aluminum for the mill castings. Might cost a little more
      though as ZA12 is hard to find in scrap form. The advantage is ZA12
      dampens vibrations much like cast iron does but melts at a much lower
      temperature than cast iron.

      Rupert

      --
      yvt