37634Re: Mobile Foundries...Does Anyone Have One?

  • too_many_tools
    Apr 13, 2007
      --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, "too_many_tools" <too_many_tools@...>
      wrote:

      > I have a Johnson foundry furnace that I would like to make mobile and
      > am looking for ideas as to how to build the foundry cart. I envision
      > having the furnace and supporting equipment on a cart where the
      foundry
      > can be used and then stored.
      >
      > Has anyone done this?
      >
      > If so, I would appreciate your advice and pictures of how you
      > implemented it.
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > TMT

      Thanks for the responses so far.

      I appreciate the pictures...does anyone else have others to post?

      Since my casting efforts will be of a weekend nature and shop space is
      at a premium, what suggestions does the group have for a portable and
      space efficient molding/casting bench and portable foundry setup?
      Pictures of examples would be great.

      As I have mentioned before I have a Johnson furnace which I plan on
      running on propane (100# tank).

      Other than the photo section of this group, are there any other groups
      that cover casting that have photos of examples of foundry setups?

      Thanks

      TMT
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic