      From: hobbicast@yahoogroups.com [mailto:hobbicast@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of Eric Poulsen
      Sent: Friday, September 29, 2006 10:55 PM
      To: hobbicast@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [hobbicast] Re: NON-Lost foam in green sand.

      There's a reason I do my casting indoors. I live in one of those
      overbearing "homeowners association" type places. I think their heads
      would explode if they knew I was (*gasp*) melting metal in my garage,
      let alone doing oxy/acetylene welding. Some of my neighbors "get it,"
      and they say "wow, cool!" Others are the "My god, that's dangerous"
      types, who then go back to their homes that are plumbed with natural
      gas, fire up their pilot light stove, and use it to heat (flammable)
      vegetable oil so they can deep-fry something.

      I weld in my shorts some times. But I'm wearing a lot of safety gear
      when I melt and pour.