      From: alaska_woodwright_and_blacksmith
      To: hobbicast@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, September 03, 2006 2:08 AM
      Subject: [hobbicast] Re: Best grog for refractory?

      Dave: My foundry, though large, is ready to melt AL in about 18
      minutes. I know mine is a bit overkill, but I routinely melt steel to
      caste specialty woodwright tools. My furnace can run to just around
      3900d and with the thickness of refractory and added kaowool, the
      outside is hot, but nor dangerously or injuriously so.

      JTL