36135Re: Bentone 34 - Petrobond I

  • Edyn
    May 3, 2006
      Daniel,

      Like Clint says, you only need a Muller for initially mixing up your
      own batches, but you can still achieve this by hand anyway. I mixed
      up all my own KB in small batches by hand. I made up a very simple
      mixer that is attached to a drill which I use to condition/regel my
      KB when the Methonal eventually evaporates. Propylene Carbonate
      however doesnt dry out as quickly as methonal but I use this as its
      easier to source here in NZ (-:

      Edyn
      New Zealand

      --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel C Postellon" <postello@...>
      wrote:

      > Do you absolutely need a muller to use petrobond.
      >
      > > "Rick Rowlands" wrote
      > >
      > > Please tell me why the petrobond is better than greensand.
      Greensand
      > > works great for me.
      > >
      > > I used greensand for a while before switching to PB, Like said
      you
      > > can Ram and pour a few days, weeks even months later!, It packs
      nice
      > > and tight, and alot cleaner to work with. The greenstrength of kb
      is
      > > far more superior to Greensand, Ive never had any drops with KB.
      At
      > > times when ramming moulds with big sections hanging in the cope
      Ive
      > > thought I should ram up some Gaggers and never and had no drops.
      Ive
      > > also found when pulling patterns the sand doesnt break at the
      edges
      > > like Greensand does, just some of the experiances Ive had.
      > >
      > > I love my KBond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (- :
      > >
      > > Edyn, New Zealand
      > >

      > >> Rick Rowlands
      > >> Tod Engine Works
      > >> Makers of Quality iron, steel, ductile iron
      > >> and nonferrous castings
      > >> 249 North Water Avenue
      > >> Sharon, PA 16146
      > >> 330-728-2799