36127Re: Bentone 34 - Petrobond I

  • Edyn
    May 2, 2006
      "Rick Rowlands" wrote

      Please tell me why the petrobond is better than greensand. Greensand
      works great for me.

      I used greensand for a while before switching to PB, Like said you
      can Ram and pour a few days, weeks even months later!, It packs nice
      and tight, and alot cleaner to work with. The greenstrength of kb is
      far more superior to Greensand, Ive never had any drops with KB. At
      times when ramming moulds with big sections hanging in the cope Ive
      thought I should ram up some Gaggers and never and had no drops. Ive
      also found when pulling patterns the sand doesnt break at the edges
      like Greensand does, just some of the experiances Ive had.

      I love my KBond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (- :

      Edyn, New Zealand

      > Rick Rowlands
      > Tod Engine Works
      > Makers of Quality iron, steel, ductile iron
      > and nonferrous castings
      > 249 North Water Avenue
      > Sharon, PA 16146
      > 330-728-2799
      > Fax 330-759-1524
      > www.todengine.org/engineworks.html

      CO.
      > > This is a white color, from Elementis. Paypal accepted on the
      site.

      > > http://www.copperstarways.com
      > >
      > > Happy casting.
      > > RKern