35061Re: expandable polystyrene - mold making?

  • Bob Arnold
    Aug 1, 2005
      Closed cell styrene foam, the type that is used to make surfboard
      blanks is very easy to work with and not so messy, but Im not sure
      if its suitable for what we do.
      Has anyone used closed cell styrene foam ?

      Bob

      --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, Chris Bailey <cbailey73160@y...>
      wrote:
      > slightly off topic here, but take a look at this site. I wonder
      if any of this would be good for
      > making molds or patterns from??
      >
      > <http://www.shopmaninc.com/index.html>
      >

      > --- lance dulak <lancedulak@y...> wrote:
      >
      > > Im not sure but there are two different kinds. One is
      > > two part and probably polyurethane. I know theres
      > > another kind (the kind i was actually looking for)
      > > that is air activated. You pour it in an enclosed area
      > > of a boat and it expands. Im pretty sure that stuff is
      > > polystyrene but >Im not certain<<
      > >
      > > --- "Daniel C. Postellon" <postello@m...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > Isn't this two-part stuff polyurethane? If so, I
      > > > would avoid it as
      > > > producing toxic gases .

      storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=28029

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic