33831Re: TOMS OIL BURNER???

  • dragonsbane742004
    Feb 1 8:17 PM
      Used oil furnaces can usually be found cheap or for nothing depending
      on the condition. I recently come across a Beckett Model "AF" for
      free. I have it stripped of everything it doesn't need and it seems
      to work fine. The model I have can be set to use anywhere from 0.46
      to 3 gallons an hour putting out 56,000 to 420,000 Btu's per hour
      respectively. I should be able to melt something with that. I'll try
      to get some pics up tommorrow.

      later all......

      --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, creepinogie@y... wrote:

      > I don't have any experience with them personally, but the guys I
      have
      > talked to that use it to heat their shop, say you can run it in a
      > regular fuel oil furnace if you dilute it with 5% fuel oil. I don't
      > know it that's true or not but I was told that. I'd still run a
      large
      > filter.
      >
      > LL
      >
      > --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Tuttle" <bigbt@c...> wrote:
      > > I don't have all the particulars, but you may talk to some of the
      > oil change
      > > shops in your area as many of them here in denver use waste oil
      > furnaces
      > > that use a gun type burner that combines waste oil with
      pressurized
      > air from
      > > an air compressor. The auto shop I used to work in used one of
      > them to heat
      > > a 150 x 60 barn type building, and it would drive you out of
      there
      > if you
      > > let it run even when it was below zero. As i recall the flame
      was
      > white hot
      > > and about two feet in length from the nozzle. I don't imagine it
      > would have
      > > any problems generating enough heat for your purpose. BTW 3000
      > gallons of
      > > used oil would last about 60 days keeping shop at 65 degrees day
      > and night.
      > > 50 gallons a day.............I hope you have a lot of used motor
      > oil.
      > > Anyway, I hope this points you in a direction where you can
      search.

      > > Brian

      IF
      > > > THIS IS POSSIBLE. I CANT REALLY FIND ANYTHING ON A NET SEARCH.
      CAN
      > > > ANYONE HELP WITH A DESIGN?
      > > >

      > > > For discussion of Metal Casting and related issues
      > > > this list does not accept attachments.
      > > >
      > > > Files area and list services are at:
      > > >
      > > > For additional files and photos and off topic discussions
      > > > check out these two affiliated sites:
      > > >
      > > > Please visit our sponsor: Budget Casting Supply
      > > > http://budgetcastingsupply.com/
      > > >
      > > > List Owner:
      > > > owly@t...
      > > >

      > > > Yahoo! Groups Links