33829Re: TOMS OIL BURNER???

  • creepinogie@yahoo.com
    Feb 1, 2005
      I don't have any experience with them personally, but the guys I have
      talked to that use it to heat their shop, say you can run it in a
      regular fuel oil furnace if you dilute it with 5% fuel oil. I don't
      know it that's true or not but I was told that. I'd still run a large
      filter.

      LL

      --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Tuttle" <bigbt@c...> wrote:
      > I don't have all the particulars, but you may talk to some of the
      oil change
      > shops in your area as many of them here in denver use waste oil
      furnaces
      > that use a gun type burner that combines waste oil with pressurized
      air from
      > an air compressor. The auto shop I used to work in used one of
      them to heat
      > a 150 x 60 barn type building, and it would drive you out of there
      if you
      > let it run even when it was below zero. As i recall the flame was
      white hot
      > and about two feet in length from the nozzle. I don't imagine it
      would have
      > any problems generating enough heat for your purpose. BTW 3000
      gallons of
      > used oil would last about 60 days keeping shop at 65 degrees day
      and night.
      > 50 gallons a day.............I hope you have a lot of used motor
      oil.
      > Anyway, I hope this points you in a direction where you can search.
      >
      > Brian

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic