32658Re: [hobbicast] Aluminum Supply

  • rgsparber@aol.com
    Nov 1 5:16 AM
      In a message dated 11/1/2004 3:27:09 AM Pacific Standard Time,
      col_jan@... writes:

      The hobby foundry worker would be better of directing his
      energy towards collecting easier to get, and better quality
      scrap to melt, such as old cylinder heads, inlet manifold
      castings, auto pistons, etc.

      I've had good luck with old disk drive cases. The thing to remember is to
      find cast aluminum items since they obviously can be cast so have a good mix of
      alloys plus may still have some flux still in them. Melting extruded scrap
      aluminum is not as good to melt and pour.

      Rick Sparber

      my website: rgsparber.fifthprime.com