31384Re: Once again, K-Bond items can be found at:

  • jamonyou69
    May 5, 2004
      Very interesting tone of your post:
      "-Show some resoursefullness. ... It will make you better."

      I've got much more time to research all of these things than to
      actually work at them. In total I've probably spent over 80 hours
      researching organoclays. I've got chemical reactions, methods, and
      formulas to create the compound using bentonite and various
      quaternary ammonium compounds. I've got sources of both. I've got
      lists of companies who manufacture the product for: oil drilling,
      paint manufacture, cosmetic additives, water filtration, etc. I've
      contacted about half a dozen companies directly, not to mention most
      of the local outfits, to get the different components, including
      the top silica producer in the states (they were not very helpful by
      the way).

      I appreciate your web site very much and all of the information you
      share but just because I don't say I've spent over two weeks full
      time researching the products, it doesn't mean that I'm not
      resourseful. This group is for the sharing of information, it is
      part of the process to grow our knowlege base.

      If you don't want to "spoon feed" people, then don't. But by the
      time you type that in, you could have just as easily have shared
      your information (which you did).

      Jam

      PS- Ray, your web site is one that I have been visiting very often
      over the past several months. It, and the work that you do, have
      been an inspiration to me and have kept me interested in this very
      time consuming hobby. I can't thank you enough for taking the time
      to share with us.

      -- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, Ray Brandes <rvb@r...> wrote:
      > My web page not only has the reciepe for kbond, but all the blue
      words
      > are links to material sources.
      > F110 sand can be obtained for about $9/100lbs at sandblasting
      supply houses.
      > Petrobond resin from Budget Casting supply for about $32/6lbs
      delivered
      > -first48.
      > If you can't find oil then you shouldn't be playing with hot metal.
      > I don't mind helping people. In fact I enjoy it, but I don't have
      the
      > time to spoon feed either. Show some resoursefullness. Figure out
      some
      > things for yourself. It will make you better.
      > Regards, Ray in FLA
      >

      > >I just got a quote for olivine sand: $75 for 100 lbs. pick up
      only!
      > >The price you got PB2 for is 1/3 the price of bentone. Where did
      you
      > >get it, if you don't mind me asking. I believe the sand you got
      from
      > >Atlanta, at least that's what I gathered from your web site. It
      > >would be a great help to find a reasonable sourse of organoclay.

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic