31276Re: Oil Bonded sources and recipe link

  • Roy
    May 1, 2004
      Don't use PB1, go with PB2. Its easier and cheaper overall to make
      and use. PB1 requires a catylyst, PB 2 does not. All you need to add
      besides sand to PB2 is a quart of 30wt non detergent motor oil less
      than a buck. Usual recipe is 100# sand, 5# PB 2 resin and 32 oz non
      detergent oil. Depending on the sand mesh a tad bit more or less oil.

      I guess the last I paid for PB2 was about 90 cents a poound last year
      or year before last and it was in 50# bags but was only sold in 100#
      increments, and it cost me 90 some bucks for 2 bags.

      --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, Leon Risenhoover <lrisen@d...>
      wrote:
      > Ray
      > I don't think they make VG-69 any more geltone 5 was available and
      it's cost
      > was about $2.00/lb but the stuff made for petrobond (it's called
      petrobond
      > also) and even asked if it has a flour like consistency is only
      $1.04 my
      > company buy's $40,000 worth of epoxy and UV cure stuff a month and
      I cant
      > even get just one bag from them "Elementis" with out a $500 order.
      I called
      > a paint manufacturer and they were as helpful as any body I found.
      >
      > Petrobond 50lbs./bag....................................$1.04/lb.
      FOB St.
      > Louis, MO.
      >

      > Petrobond P1 Catalyst 50
      lbs./pail.............................$2.89/lb. FOB
      > St. Louis, MO.

      KBond
      > > recipe.
      > > Regards, Ray in FLA
      > >
      > > jamonyou69 wrote:
      > >
      > > >I'm glad someone answered your query, it's just too bad it had
      to be
      > > >you. I tried to get some help locating a source of organoclay
      here,

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic