30131Re: Alloy Properties

  • cvedrick
    Feb 4, 2004
      --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, steelandiron1@w... wrote:
      > Does anyone have a "reasonably" priced source for aluminum ingot in
      the
      > midwest ... in lots of 1-2 hundred pounds?

      A bit tongue in cheed, but what is reasonable? What is midwest?

      I am a Texan and consider everything between san antonio and
      california, up to washington to be "midwest"

      If you are lucky enough to live near to either El PAso, Pheonix, or
      Salt Lake City, you could go to Porter Warner Industries.

      http://www.porterwarner.com/Map%20of%20Porter%20Warner%20Locations.htm

      They sell single ingots up to Ton lots of the stuff, at worst, they
      know someone who does.

      As far as it goes, they have more foundry stuff at lower prices than
      anyone else in my area. And they beat those internet johnnies all
      hollow!
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic