30106Re: Alloy Properties

  • terryb_au
    Feb 3, 2004
      Hi,
      Here's a site that gives a bit of info on the castability of some
      popular Al alloys.
      http://www.castingsource.com/tech_art_guide1.asp
      There are also some other very good articles in the drop down box.
      As Lyle (LL) has mentioned some alloys he uses I would follow suit.
      The 356.0 should suit most normal applications and the A356.0 sounds
      really interesting. Alas I am still using scrap but would love to
      try some new ingot 356.0 and A356.0
      Cheers and have fun,
      TerryB
      http://members.optushome.com.au/terrybrown/

      --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, Aaron Toney <joeboy@h...> wrote:

      > So I recently started buying metal in known alloys as
      opposed to
      > casting scrap. The results have been promising. The problem I have
      is
      > that the local dealers all have a dizzying array of alloys and
      trying to
      > learn about what the different properties of the alloys are has
      proven
      > difficult. I have found some material about machining different
      alloys but
      > nothing about casting differences.
      >
      > Are there any books / web sites / videos people can
      recommend that
      > talk about the differences in casting the different alloys?
      >
      > Aaron
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic