30105Re: [hobbicast] Alloy Properties

  • Raymond Heckert
    Feb 2 5:42 PM
      Try A.S.M. (American Society for Metals) I believe they have the book(s)
      you're looking for... Expensive, though, so maybe call a local,. or
      technical college library to get the info you want. I don't know what
      their URL is, but a GOOGLE search should turn one up.

      RayHex

      ----------
      > From: Aaron Toney <joeboy@...>
      >

      > So I recently started buying metal in known alloys as opposed to
      > casting scrap. The results have been promising. The problem I have is
      > that the local dealers all have a dizzying array of alloys and trying to
      > learn about what the different properties of the alloys are has proven
      > difficult. I have found some material about machining different alloys
      but
      > nothing about casting differences.
      >
      > Are there any books / web sites / videos people can recommend that
      > talk about the differences in casting the different alloys?
      >
      > Aaron
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic