30098Re: [hobbicast] Re: Alloy Properties

  • Dan Brewer
    Feb 1, 2004
      Look in the message base and search for alloy. There have been smoe good discusions on why you would want to use each alloy.
      Dan in Auburn

      Aaron Toney <joeboy@...> wrote:
      > As far as identifying what grade the al is by looking at it, Stumps
      > me as well. I find Scrap metal dealers are not very helpful and I
      > usually go for Al that has a grainy surface and parting lines
      > (Meaning its been sand casted). - crossed fingers its 356?

      Cool, thanks.

      Actually I am having the reverse problem. I have a really good
      local dealer where I can buy cheap ingots of any of a wide variety of
      aluminium alloys. My problem is I cant find much information on the
      differences in casting of the different alloys. I have been able to find
      material on *machining* the metals but little on *casting* difference.

      Aaron

      This list is for discussion of metal casting
      and does not accept attachments. For off topic discussion and to share photos and stuff: join Sandcrabs by sending a blank message to: sandcrabs-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      blems that cannot be otherwise solved contact the list owner by email:

      To visit your group on the web, go to:

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/