28736pattern making

  • integerspin
    Oct 1, 2003
      hi
      I subscribed to this group for a while about six months ago.
      I didn't in fact do the castings I needed my self, I had a small
      foundry do them.
      I made an mdf pattern and have had about 20 of these items done so far..
      I am just altering the pattern prior to haveing another ten cast.
      Becuse i made the pattern without any undercut's I have to machine rather
      a lot off the casting, so I am removing what I can from the pattern,
      quicker to remove it onces than ten times?
      I wondered what people paint patterns with, I was talking to someone at a
      landrover show and he said they use a 2pack floor paint on their patterns,
      brushed on it flows out like glass and is quite hard.. I didn't ask what
      paint or where I get it though..
      I did look in 'Bodge it and Quick' they have a few types of paint that
      sound promising, but i cant spend a tenner a can on a few types of paint in
      the
      hope it is ok...

      any ideas..

      --