13505Re: Copper - I tried but failed

  • andreb0506
    Apr 1, 2002
      Howdy Clint,

      Thanks for your hobbicast response regarding my unsucessful copper
      melt. I'm using a 15 pound regulator off of a 40# propane tank. I
      think my burner is too small. I'm using a 3/4 inch black pipe
      naturally aspirated set up I found plans for on the web. It works
      great for Al alloys but I guess I'm going to have to put something
      larger together to get the super heat.

      Do you guys think that a blower set-up is the better way to go? Will
      it substantially increase my heat?
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic